I'm a PhD candidate at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at HKUST, supervised by Prof. Shing-Chi Cheung. I'm now a member of the CASTLE Group. Before I joined in CASTLE Group, I did research on compiler bug isolation under the guidance of Prof. Junjie Chen for more than one year when I was an undergraduate at Tianjin University.
I'm enthusiastic about building robust software systems. On the way to achieving this goal, I have engaged in research topics including
- Bug Study: how to understand and categorize oceans of bugs
- Bug Isolation: how to locate bugs
- Fuzzing: how to detect bugs efficiently
- Program Generation: how to generate valid test programs
I'm also interested in leveraging translation validation and metamorphic relation construction to validate software systems.
As for engineering, I have been actively testing and helping maintain compilers for a while. These days, I'm helping fix TVM frontend bugs.
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Department of Computer Science and Engineering
PhD in Computer Science and Engineering
Aug. 2021 ~ Now
Tianjin University College of Intelligence and Computing
B.Eng. in Software Engineering
Aug. 2016 ~ Jul. 2020
* denotes corresponding author, # denotes equal contribution
preprent A Survey of Modern Compiler Fuzzing (In progress)
Haoyang Ma, Qingchao Shen, Yongqiang Tian, Junjie Chen, Shing-Chi Cheung*
Qingchao Shen, Haoyang Ma, Junjie Chen*, Yongqiang Tian, Shing-Chi Cheung, Xiang Chen
Junjie Chen*#, Haoyang Ma# , Lingming Zhang
Honors and Awards
- Postgraduate studentship, HKUST, 2021 - 2025
I was the TA of
- COMP 3111 Software Engineering (Spring 2021-22)
- COMP 2011 Programming With C++ (Fall 2022-23)
I'm now to TA of
- COMP 1021 Introduction to Computer Science (Fall 2023-2024)
Have participated in coreviewing paper(s) in ISSTA 2021, ISSTA 2023.
Have served as the reviewer for a TSE paper.
Enhanced compiler bug isolation via memoized search
- ASE Conference Talk in Sep 2020